At Manor Fields, we are proud of our friendly and ambitious school where we welcome children from age three to eleven years old. We seek to provide an outstanding education and to genuinely prepare our children for life in the 21st century as global citizens, as well as to ensure that the education we offer provides the solid foundations, confidence and enthusiasm for life-long learning.
Our children are ambitious, enthusiastic and caring and we are very proud of their achievements. Our school community is built on one of trust and respect for one another and a belief that everyone has the capacity to succeed. Our teachers are passionate about education and seek to inspire and ignite a love or learning. Our culture of possibility where every child really does matter, coupled with a belief that all things are possible, ensures that the children here do incredibly well.
Our wonderful staff and governors bring expertise, enthusiasm and experience. We are passionate about sharing high expectations and ensuring every child achieves his or her full potential, academically and personally. Children learn best when they feel safe to take on challenges, when they feel inspired, when they feel valued and when their achievements are celebrated.
Our website will give you a flavour of the world of the outstanding educational opportunities that our school provides, but to truly gain an insight, we do encourage you to visit and see our children in action. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to our school.
Our aims & principles
At Manor Fields School we endeavour to:
- Promote equality of treatment and equal access to educational opportunity within the school community;
- Create a calm, purposeful and happy atmosphere within the school which enables all children to access the curriculum;
- Foster positive caring attitudes towards everyone, in the community by promoting respect, courtesy, tolerance, teamwork, trust and honesty;
- Acknowledge and value achievements at all levels in an environment that encourages pride in effort as well as achievement;
- Encourage increasing independence and self-discipline so that each child learns to accept responsibility for his/her own behaviour;
- Apply a consistent approach to behaviour throughout the school, in partnership with parents and carers;
- Make boundaries of acceptable behaviour clear and ensure that appropriate behaviour is encouraged and recognised;
- Promote a sense of direction and feeling of common purpose in an environment which is safe and secure for all in our school community.
There are two basic principles upon which our behaviour policy is based:
- We believe that when a child demonstrates unacceptable behaviour, it is the behaviour which is unacceptable not the child.
- We believe it is our duty to promote and encourage positive behaviour and not just react to that which is unacceptable.