We are looking for a new member of staff to join our teaching team in September 2017. This post would suit either an NQT or a more experienced teacher looking for some leadership experience.
The successful candidate will be able to create a stimulating learning environment and have a strong commitment to achieving high standards for all. The candidate will be able to work effectively as part of our team and will be supported or mentored by an experienced member of staff.
We are at an exciting stage of our school journey, as in September we will join the Herts and Essex Trust, an academy led by a local, outstanding secondary school. We are looking forward to the opportunity this will give us to work together to build on our existing ‘good’ judgements for teaching and learning, and pupil achievement and behaviour (Ofsted October 2016)
We warmly encourage visits to our school as we are very proud of our wonderful staff and children and the learning environment we have created here. Please contact the school to arrange a visit on 01279 757193.
Manor Fields School is committed to safeguarding children. A successful appointment will depend upon an enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.
Find Out More
Our aims & principles
At Manor Fields School we endeavour to:
- Promote equality of treatment and equal access to educational opportunity within the school community;
- Create a calm, purposeful and happy atmosphere within the school which enables all children to access the curriculum;
- Foster positive caring attitudes towards everyone, in the community by promoting respect, courtesy, tolerance, teamwork, trust and honesty;
- Acknowledge and value achievements at all levels in an environment that encourages pride in effort as well as achievement;
- Encourage increasing independence and self-discipline so that each child learns to accept responsibility for his/her own behaviour;
- Apply a consistent approach to behaviour throughout the school, in partnership with parents and carers;
- Make boundaries of acceptable behaviour clear and ensure that appropriate behaviour is encouraged and recognised;
- Promote a sense of direction and feeling of common purpose in an environment which is safe and secure for all in our school community.
There are two basic principles upon which our behaviour policy is based:
- We believe that when a child demonstrates unacceptable behaviour, it is the behaviour which is unacceptable not the child.
- We believe it is our duty to promote and encourage positive behaviour and not just react to that which is unacceptable.