Welcome to the FunZone Out of School Club which provides the extended school services for Manor Fields School. These linked services are provided on school site and off school site and include a Breakfast club in school, a KS2 After school club in school, an Early Years After school club at the Thorley Christian Centre which also has a full time holiday club.
FunZone has been serving Manor Fields School for the past 15 years providing high quality childcare that also delivers value for money. Staff at all clubs are enhanced CRB vetted and are experienced in play work. All clubs are registered with Ofsted, hold relevant insurance and have club policies.
From 3rd Sept 2013, the FunZone breakfast Club will be held in the mobile classrooms at school. It runs from 8 am and offers children a healthy breakfast and some play time, after which they are taken to school. It provides a very sociable start to the day with friends over a healthy breakfast and gives them a solid, happy start to school.
Nursery to Year 2 children off School Site at Thorley Christian Centre
For younger Manor Fields children (up to and including Year 2), there’s the original FunZone Club nearby at The Thorley Christian Centre opposite Sainsbury’s.
This provides for a warm inviting setting and is very conducive to Early Years child care. Our experienced and dedicated staff team ensure that children receive high quality care at all times. The club offers the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS) which essentially places great emphasis on the quality of care younger ones receive. A wide variety of activities are provided ranging from art & craft to sports and scooters. To calm rumbling tummies, children are offered light healthy meals. Club times are from 3.15pm, when children are collected from school, till 6.15pm. The clubs accept childcare vouchers and are approved for tax credit schemes.
Manor Fields children Year 3 and over have the school based club in the mobile units.
The normal elements of safety, security and welfare are provided as standard; this Club also encourages children to be more independent and free in their play. A wide selection of art & craft, games, computer games, music, dvd’s, table games, construction and imaginative play toys, outdoor games, scooters and much more is provided. Children are also able to come to the club after a school organised activity club allowing more choice and opportunity. The club runs from 3.15 – 6.15pm Monday to Friday term time.
The Holiday Club is based at The Thorley Christian Centre, this runs during school breaks and opens from 8.15 am till 6pm. Children take part in more detailed activities and play including water play and paddling pools during the summer. There are also excursions, early booking is highly recommended.
For more information, please contact us on:
01279 321658 | 07762 138756 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This exciting partnership between Manor Fields School and Fun Zone aims to ensure that children will receive the same high standards of care outside school hours as they do at school. We hope we can be of service and look forward to hearing from you.
Other childcare options can be found via this link.
Find Out More
Our aims & principles
At Manor Fields School we endeavour to:
- Promote equality of treatment and equal access to educational opportunity within the school community;
- Create a calm, purposeful and happy atmosphere within the school which enables all children to access the curriculum;
- Foster positive caring attitudes towards everyone, in the community by promoting respect, courtesy, tolerance, teamwork, trust and honesty;
- Acknowledge and value achievements at all levels in an environment that encourages pride in effort as well as achievement;
- Encourage increasing independence and self-discipline so that each child learns to accept responsibility for his/her own behaviour;
- Apply a consistent approach to behaviour throughout the school, in partnership with parents and carers;
- Make boundaries of acceptable behaviour clear and ensure that appropriate behaviour is encouraged and recognised;
- Promote a sense of direction and feeling of common purpose in an environment which is safe and secure for all in our school community.
There are two basic principles upon which our behaviour policy is based:
- We believe that when a child demonstrates unacceptable behaviour, it is the behaviour which is unacceptable not the child.
- We believe it is our duty to promote and encourage positive behaviour and not just react to that which is unacceptable.